The “no makeup “or nude make up look will forever remain fashionable and in vogue. Maybe it’s because of its sublime and demure effect, or maybe because the nude makeup is popular amongst celebrities and super stars, whatever the reason, the no makeup will never run out of style.
Which is why we’ve come down with a step by step guide on how to create a flawless “no makeup” make up look. This make up look is fabulous, chic and complements just about any beauty style, particularly those gorgeous hair extensions. Read on!
Know your Skin Shade – the secret to a flawless no makeup look is to use shades and colors that are closer to your skin tone. This means paying close attention to the color used for your face, eyes and lips.
Women with pale complexion should use peach and pink undertones and shades. This includes lipstick, eyeshadow and blushes. Olive skinned women are better off with beige and cream colors while dark skinned women should go for the various shades of brown. Remember that there are no hard and fast rules about tones and shades but aim for colors that easily blend with that of your skin
Less is More – the no makeup look is a minimalist look. Ironically, this minimalist makeup look emphasizes the various assets on your faces; lips, eyes, shape of nose and chin. By using as little make up as possible you draw attention to yourself. The beauty world is packed with various shades of bold colors like red, pink, purple and orange. A nude makeup look is just perfect for standing out. For this look, don’t go overboard on concealers, foundations and eyeshadow. Once your face starts looking caked, the while idea of the nude look is lost.
Image Source: Skincarestore
More time is spent prepping and priming your face to look and feel it’s best. This is because less make up will be used to cover any form of flaw on your face. Do these:
1. Gently exfoliate your face with a mild exfoliant. You can also use some homemade exfoliant like milk, sugar or lemon juice if you feel earthy and natural.
2. Next, rub a light weight moisturizing cream on your face.
3. Rub face primer on your face using a brush.
4. Apply concealer on areas of your face that needs brightening; under your eyes, and the sides of your nose and chin. Gently rub in with the tips of your fingers until the concealer blends in perfectly.
5. To smoothen out your skin, apply a skin tone foundation on your face. Remember to use just the right amount to smoothen out your face. Don’t go overboard. Also remember that your foundation should blend in with the color of your skin.
6. If you want to step up the no makeup look a notch, you can use a tinted moisturizer in place of foundation.
7. Lightly dust some powder to even out your complexion.
8. To highlight your cheek bones, use the tone of blush that blends with the color of your cheeks when you blush with excitement. To get this color, you can pinch your cheeks to see how it looks.
9. Lightly dust the blush on the fullest part of your cheeks and brush upwards towards the hairline. Also brush down awards to soften the cheeks.
Image Source: Morphe
The trick behind the no makeup look for the eyes is to use as little colors as possible for your eyes. Also, an eyeliner and mascara are necessary to make your eyes pop. Do these:
1. Brush your eyebrows with a brush and fill in patchy areas with an eye pencil. Remember to use a color that blends with the color of your eyebrows. Use soft strokes to fill your brows. Heavy strokes will make your eyebrows heavy and unnatural.
2. Apply eye primer to the base of your lids. Eye primer gives definition to your eye shadow and makes them last longer. If you don’t have a primer, a concealer works just fine.
3. Use a maximum of three colors that blend with your skin tone. Color one should be a color that blends with your skin tone, color two should be lighter than color one and color three darker than color one.
4. Dust your entire lids with the color one using a large eye shadow brush.
5. Next dust the outer part of your lids with color two using a corner brush.
6. Use a blending brush to fill in your eyelid crease with color three. You can also apply this color to your lower lids to make your eyes look wider. Go ahead to blend in your eye shadow using the second color.
7. Gently apply your eyeliner on your eyelids. Apply your mascara and you are good to go!
Image Source: Animal-jam-clans-1.wikia
A matte lipstick is a perfect choice, but if you wish to go all the way with the no makeup look, a lip-gloss works just fine.
1. Remember to go for lipstick shades that blend in with your skin tone.
2. Women with pale skin should go for nude shades of pink, peach and orange.
3. Shades of beige and cream lipstick will work for olive skinned women while dark skinned women should use shades of brown, including mocha, coffee and eggplant.
4. Start by priming and moisturizing your lips with lip balm.
5. Next use a liner that matches the color of your lips and gently line your lips, particularly the cupid’s bow.
6. Next apply your lipstick, starting from the center and moving outward to the corner. Repeat this technique for the lower lip.
7. Finally, blot excess lipstick to make it last longer. Use a tissue and press it firmly between both lips. You are good to go.
Chic, Fun and Fab
The no make look is a fabulous look that will always be in vogue. Follow these steps if you wish to perfect the skills and techniques listed here. After all practice makes perfect! The no makeup look is versatile for any occasion, even as a day look or an evening look. And best of all, they complement any shade or length of your hair extensions.