An ice cube is not simply to chill your favourite beverage. It has plenty of health benefits that probably you are not aware about. Some of the benefits of ice on skin are soothing sunburns, pimples, and skin inflammation. A face massage with ice cubes can improve your complexion by better blood circulation. It also reduces numbness, pain, swelling, and redness on skin and body parts.
Image Source : Boldsky
What Are the Best Benefits of Ice on Skin?
When it is about beauty hacks, then ice cubes are one of the most underrated products. However, ice is really easy to make and is extremely versatile. Also, it is practically free! You just have to freeze clean water which is free of dirt and get some ice cubes for yourself. It is best to make ice is ice tray than letting water freeze completely in a bowl or container. This way you do not have to then break the ice but have cubes free to use without hassles.
Below listed are benefits of rubbing ice cube on face, skin, and other sore points on the body.
- Wrinkle Free Skin: Ice cubes when rubbed on wrinkles gently can tighten the skin, and thus eliminate wrinkles eventually.
- Smooth Skin: These also create smoother face surface for makeup.
- Slows Ageing: In fact if you rub ice cube on face every day, you will slow down the ageing process at least for your face skin.
- Good for Puffy Eyes: If you have puffy eyes, just gently roll ice cubes on the puffiness, and feel the redness and sore disappear.
- Reduces Itchiness: If you have itchy skin, then ice can even do away with the discomfort.
- Relief from Inflammation: Place ice on spots, the one that have reddened or inflamed, and you will find some relief from the pain.
How to Apply Ice Cubes on Face?
Here are steps on how to apply ice on skin and face.
Firstly was your face well with a face-wash you use. Dry the skin with towel.
- Now wrap the ice cube in a clean plastic bag or paper towel.
- Place ice on top of the affected spot, acne, pimples, reddened area etc on the skin, for at least a minute. Take a break of 5 minutes and repeat the process.
- In case you use any essential oil then add a drop of it in the ice cube and use it on the face.
- You can also give the affected area a massage with ice gently, coupling it with Aloe Vera gel, lemon or orange juice.
- Alternatively, while making ice cubes, you can add these natural ingredients in water so that these become frozen in ice and you do not have to use it separately.
An ice cube face will gently relieve you of skin problems, but remember not to overdo the treatment or it can cause elongated numbness on skin.
What Are Other Unknown Benefits of Ice Cubes?
Here are some of the benefits of ice cubes that you should know:
- Use it as Primer under Foundation: Before applying makeup, treat your skin to ice cubes and feel a mighty difference. The ice pack face will leave skin smooth and temporarily minimize the pores so that the makeup can make you look flawless.
- Exfoliates Skin: Apply ice cube on face before bed and wake up to fresh and exfoliating skin. Ice can restrict germs from entering open pores. These also
- Does Away With Oily Skin: If you have an oily skin then you can eliminate it with ice. The cubes of ice have the power to absorb the oily residue on skin and when you gently rub it on oily spots; you will feel the oiliness reduce miraculously.
Important Things to Keep in Mind for Ice Cube Treatment for Face and Skin
Here some pointers to remember when applying ice on skin or face:
- Skin icing is often done without covering the cubes, but it is your choice to cover the ice cubes under a thin layer or cotton cloth or plastic. Remember to wear gloves and not touch the ice with bare hands.
- If you cannot use ice directly on skin, you can use an ice holder available in the market or ice massager from nearby shop.
- Do not apply ice straight from the freezer as it may otherwise break capillaries under your skin. Rather let it rest for a while until it has a glazy surface so that it can melt slightly on the skin.
- Avoid using on skin or face if it is already affected with broken capillaries. If you still want to use ice, then do not use it for a long time.
- You can stop the treatment if you many any discomfort as some people are sensitive to ice. You can apply uncomfortable if you keep ice on skin for long time without giving a break.
- For good results, you can also add advised natural therapies or elements depending on your skin type, in the ice cubes and have your own skin therapy at home.
What Are the Benefits of Eating Ice Cubes?
If you thought ice cube application on face and skin is the only way ice can help you, then you are in for another treat. Ice cube diet and eating ice cubes have a lot many advantages. Here are some of the benefits of eating ice cubes you did not know.
- Hydrates Body and Keeps it Cool: If you are travelling in hot summer or to a faraway place by road or walk, then carrying ice cubes with you will surely help. Though you can carry water as well but carrying ice cubes is lighter on backpack and you can enjoy the chilled sensation down your throat while slowly letting ice dissolve in mouth. Also, ice will last longer than water on tongue.
- Maintains Weight: If you are weight conscious then chewing on ice is a great way of giving your body its daily quota of water as well as controlling the urge on chewing on something unhealthy.
- Soothes Mouth Ulcers: If you have ulcers in your mouth, of course you need to follow medication provided by doctor. But, if the ulcers are not that inflamed then you can sometimes slip in an ice cube or two in mouth and soothe the pain.
We hope the above-mentioned benefits of ice cubes on skin, face, and health will keep you energized and next time you want to get relief from skin problems, then popping ice cubes on skin and face could really help you.