We spend so much time grooming our hair, face and nails that often we tend to ignore an essential body part – our feet. Our feet also have important nerves which are central to the functionality of our entire system. Even after being so important, feet might easily be the most stressed out parts of our body because they are the reason we get to stand, sit, dance and run. Feet also frequently get into direct contact with dust, water sun and pollution which affect the skin cells on the feet. Hence, it is only fair that we pamper our feet after putting them through so much in our day to day lives.
The most common ways to pamper your feet are to give them a good massage or get a soothing pedicure. There is denying that a professional salon pedicure can kick all the stress out of your feet. However, getting regular pedicures at a salon can burn a hole in your pocket. Therefore, the best alternative for this issue is to give yourself a pedicure right at your home. Yes! you have heard it right! It is actually possible to give yourself a salon style pedicure to your feet with base equipment at our homes.
Firstly, let’s see what the thing we would require for an at-home pedicure.
- Small tub (should be deep enough for you to soak your feet completely)
- Pumice stone
- Loofah sponge
- Nail file
- Cuticle remover
- Nail cutter
- Herbal shampoo
- Moisturizing cream
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Hot water
Now let’s see how to get a pedicure at home step-by-step.
- Clean the dirt under your toenails and shape them into your desired shape
- If you have a nail polish on, remove the nail polish on your toenails using a good quality nail polish remover.
- Now massage your feet with a moisturizer for about five minutes.
- Take a small and fill it with hot/warm water with a desirable temperature. Now add some shampoo to the water. You can also add lemon slices if you desire.
- Now soak your feet in the warm soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes. ( Have some soothing music on and chilled lemonade to sip on for a more professional and relaxed experience)
- Once you feel that the skin on your feet and toenails are softened, start rubbing the pumice stone to remove any dead skin present under the toes and on the heels.
- Use a brush to clean your toenails.
- Now dry your feet with help of a towel. Use a cuticle pusher or cutter to push the extra cuticle on your toenails.
- You can also use the lemon slices you soaked in the water to rub on feet. This will help you to remove any discoloration on your feet.
- Softly rub your feet with the help the loofah to scrub any dead skin.
- Now rinse your feet with some cold water till the soap is completely removed. Pat it dry.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with a moisturizer or a foot cream and massage gently on your feet.
- Now apply a nail polish on your dry toenails.
Hope you like these beauty tips. Repeat this procedure at least once a month for visible results.