Many of us may not know what is Apple Cider Vinegar? How to use it? How can you make apple vinegar at Home? Benefits of apple vinegar? Where you can buy? Although you might have heard about it but didn’t give a try. May be after reading this article about Apple Cider Vinegar you might give a second thought.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is also known as ACV or simply Cider Vinegar is a kind of vinegar made from Cider (an alcoholic beverage produced by fermenting apple juice) and Apple Must (fresh fruit juice containing skin, seeds & stem of fruits). Apple cider vinegar has pale to medium gold color. In Hindi it is known as “Seb ka Sirka“.
ACV is emerging nowadays as a natural cure to almost all problems related to weight loss, skin, hair, digestion, wart removal, etc. Even most of the dermatologist may ask you to try it. Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium, Vitamin C & Vitamin E, which helps in growing of hair naturally.
Apple Cider Vinegar is good at killing bacteria’s as well as promotes healthy scalp by removing any build up on the scalp.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth?
You can use apple vinegar for hair in 2 ways – Applying it on hairs or Consuming it orally.
- Applying the Mixture Directly –
- Shampoo your hair
- Mix 2 tablespoon of apple vinegar with 1 cup of water
- Apply the mixture on your hair & scalp
- Leave it for 5 minutes & rinse thoroughly
- You can use conditioner, but it’s optional
- Repeat the process twice a week
- Consuming it Orally –
- Mix it well & drink it twice a day to prevents hair loss
- You can also spray it on salad in case you don’t like to consume it with water
- One more alternative is you can have tablets or capsules of apple cider vinegar (ACV)
How to Make Organic Apple Cider Vinegar at Home?
Rather than buying vinegar, some of you may like to make ACV at home, so here a short procedure for the same.
- Roughly chop 8-10 pieces of apples
- Keep the apples open until they turn brown
- Transfer the apples into the wide mouth open jar
- Pour enough water into the jar so that the apples get covered
- Place a cheesecloth lightly over the jar so that the mixture gets some oxygen
- Keep the jar in dark and warm place
- Leave it for 2-3 weeks
- Strain the apple mixture
- Retain the liquid in the same jar and cover it with the cheesecloth
- Keep it again in the dark warm place
- Stir it after few days with a plastic or wooden spoon
- After 4-5 weeks apple cider vinegar is ready
You can taste and if you feel you want it more acidic you can keep it again covered for few weeks.
Benefits of Raw Apple Vinegar?
There are numerous benefits of raw apple cider vinegar, so let’s have a look-
- Helps in balancing hair pH
- Gives natural shine to hair
- Prevents hair loss
- Treats dandruff
- Helps in treating split ends
- Promotes hair regrowth
- Reduces itchiness of scalp
- Acts as natural conditioner
- For curly hairs it helps to retain the bounciness of the curls
- Reduces fizziness of hair
- Prevents breakage
- Detangles your hair
- Treats hair lice
Above mentioned are just the reasons why you can use vinegar for hair. Along with hair there are advantages of apple cider vinegar for skin and health too.
Where can you buy ACV?
ACV is easily available across local stores as well as you can order it online.
You can choose anyone from below top 5 brands of ACV-
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vitacost Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- EDEN Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dynamic Health Apple Cider Vinegar
- Viva Natural Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Apart from these, there are other cheap ACV available in local markets too. Just be careful while choosing the brand.
See more natural hair tips at our blog.
Tried covering our best let us know in case we missed out something in the comments section below.