Hello people, how are you all doing?
Hope no one needs a doctor, if so then eat an apple instead. Cause you all know how the saying goes “ an apple a day keeps a doctor away.” specially an organic apple. Because it is better than the normal one. Nobody wants to go to a doctor, frankly the smell of the clinics makes us more sick, don’t you think? It does to me, also all those medicines….. Ohh God, I am ready to live on apples all my life if that’s what it takes for me to stay from doctors, clinics and medicines.
Today we are going to know about the benefits of organic apple. But before that let’s just go through the history of apples quickly. Well most of us know about the story about genesis about Adam and Eve and how apple was a part of it. Throughout history, apple has many religious references. Apples have been growing since thousands of centuries in Asia and Europe. They were first said to be grown in Turkey. Through years we have seen so many types and different colours of apples evolve across the nations. About 69 million tons of apples grow every year, from China, USA, Italy, India, Poland and Turkey.
Now that we know the glorifying history of apple, let us move on to its benefits:
BENEFITS OF APPLE
APPLE BENEFITS FOR HEALTH:
Research has been going on since years about the apple’s health benefits. Here are some things apples are helpful with:
Including apples in our daily diet helps protect neuron cells against oxidative stress induced neurotoxicity and may play an important role in reducing risk of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Apples have shown tremendous anti-inflammatory behaviour in terms of asthma.
By eating 2-3 apples a day, your liver, one of the the most important organs of your body, stays healthy and clean.
Eating an apple every morning also helps to boost your immune system.
Apples also contain a chemical found in some teeth whiteners called malic acid, so one of the benefits of eating an apple is that it makes your teeth white, clean and healthy.
BENEFITS OF APPLE FOR SKIN:
The powerful antioxidants in apples counteract the damaging effects of free radicals, which are directly linked to premature ageing, wrinkles, age spots and other age-related conditions.
Apple also increases blood circulation which helps the skin look younger and toned.
It stimulates the replacement of old cells, repair of damaged ones, and prevention of acne.
Pastes made of apple and honey or apple and milk increase the shine and glow of the skin.
Apple has various benefits, when taken in various forms and varieties, like apple juice benefits, apple fruit benefits, green apple benefits.
Most of the fibres and antioxidants are in the skin or peel of an apple. Hence peel or the skin of an apple is very important to be eaten.
APPLE’s NUTRITION VALUES
Let’s know about the composition of apple that are beneficial to us, like apple nutrients, what vitamins are there in apple, the nutritional value of apple in the following chart
Nutritional Value of Apple
- 95 calories
- 4 grams fiber
- 19 grams sugar
- 0 grams of protein or fat
- 4 milligrams vitamin C (14 percent DV)
- 196 milligrams potassium (6 percent DV)
- 4 milligrams vitamin K (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams vitamin B6 (4 percent DV)
- 1 milligrams manganese (3 percent DV)
Ingredients list of 1 apple
|Energy – 52 kcal||Carbohydrates – 13.81 g|
|Fat – 0.17 g||Protein – 0.26 g|
|Water – 85.56 g||Sodium – 1 mg|
|Beta-carotene – 27 μg||Lutein and zeaxanthin – 29 μg|
|Thiamin (vitamin B1) – 0.017 mg||Vitamin A equiv – 3 μg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2) – 0.026 mg||Niacin (vitamin B3) – 0.091 mg|
|Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) – 0.061 mg||Vitamin B6 – 0.041 mg|
|Folate (vitamin B9) – 3 μg||Vitamin C – 4.6 mg|
|Vitamin E – 0.18 mg||Vitamin K – 2.2 μg|
|Calcium – 6 mg||Iron – 0.12 mg|
|Magnesium – 5 mg||Manganese – 0.035 mg|
|Phosphorus – 11 mg||Potassium – 107 mg|
The average size of apple is 150 grams. Also, apple calories are healthy calories.
WHY TO CHOOSE ORGANIC APPLE?
- Organic apples are pesticide free. As we all know that these days, farmers spray pesticides on fruits and vegetables in order to get proper colour and sweetness, but what we forget is these pesticides are harmful. Even if you wash them with water before use, some part of it still remains.
- Organic apples are healthy, high-fibre, low sugar fruit.
- Organic apples taste better than the normal ones.
- Organic apples are affordable even in off season.
- Organic when used in cooking and baking, results into great taste.
- Organic apple’s nutrition is higher than the inorganic.
DANGERS OF CONSUMING APPLE
- Apple seeds contain cyanide, a powerful poison. Consuming too many apple seeds can prove fatal. Eating apple seeds is advised to be avoided.
- Apples can be allergic to some people.
- Apples should not be consumed with certain medicines, so while on medication, do consult your doctor for the consumption of apple.
- Apples should not be consumed by expecting and feeding women, apple can cause troubles for fetus, and for the child that consumes the feeding.
- But apples are still the best fruit to be consumed everyday with so many benefits and very little things to worry about. Apples are advised to be consumed by the doctors worldwide for a strong immune system and for better health in a long run.