Denim is the fabric of all seasons. It never goes out of style. It is also very practical and durable.
Denim takes many shapes, the most common one being jeans. There are also denim shirts, skirts, jackets, vests, bags and even shoes. The toughness and durability of the fabric allow it to be used in many ways.
We all know how to style a basic pair of jeans or a skirt, let’s dig into other garments of the denim family to decode a complete denim look.
A good denim jacket is a must-have in any girl’s wardrobe. They go well with a range of outfits from grunge crop tops to elegant maxi dresses. They are also available in many fits and lengths. With few tweaks to your jacket, you can make it work on multiple outfits. Denim jackets add fun to denim-on denim looks too. However, make sure you are pairing your denim jacket with a pair of jeans which has a different wash otherwise it may look like an overload of denim.
Look at this small guide on how to style to your denim jackets to achieve different looks.
Image Source : http://cdn6.gurl.com/
Few classic combinations with your same old denim jacket:
Image Source : http://www.fashiondivadesign.com/
Though a denim jacket and a denim shirt can be used interchangeably, a denim shirt has its own advantages. It is a versatile garment that can be paired with multiple different textures and fabrics and would still look very fashionable.
The best partners for a denim shirt are as follows:
- Darker Jeans: when the shirt is of lighter shade
- Lighter Jeans: Note that the shirt needs to be at least two shades darker
- Khakis: preferably skinny fit
- Skirts: A variety of skirts go well with denim shirts. For example: tulle, animal print, striped, floral, formal pencil skirts and midi skirt.
- Leather Jeggings
- Cotton shorts: You can experiment with bright colored cotton shorts and accessories.
- Skinny joggers
It is a perfect mix of elegance and strength. Denim dresses are very comfortable to wear and easy to maintain. They also can be styled in different ways to achieve different looks for different occasions. Denim dresses are available in many styles such as maxis, short dresses, shirt dresses, knee –length dresses and many more. A denim dress provides a perfect neutral base for you to build your look with a variety of accessories. Some accessories that go really well with a denim dress are as follows:
Image Source: https://taylorjoelleblogdotcom.files.wordpress.com/
- Long Blazer vest: for a semi-casual look
- A hat or a Sports cap: for a more sporty and casual look
- Tights: For short dresses, tights provide coverage and protect you from cold.
- Scarves: You can play with various colorful scarves
- Belts: Belts help you accentuate your waist. Especially if you are wearing a loose fit or a shirt dress. You can experiment with different types of belts
- Statement Jewelry: Add a pop of color to your denim dress with a statement next piece or bangles. You can also style your denim dress with metal jewelry.
Now that you know how to wear your denim garments, rock the denim look with confidence and style.
Make lost lasting stylish memories with this long lasting fabric.
Read more fashion tips here.