Every now and then, we all have to deal with hair removal. All the ladies out there would agree when we say that it is not possible to manage a trip to the salon such often. However, the hair on your body refuses to understand. So, we usually go for ways which involve hair removal at home. One such way is hair removal by epilators. However, the bumps after epilating can be quite irritating.
Image Source: OGLF
Why do you get red bumps after epilating?
The red bumps after epilating we get may be due to several reasons such as:
- Pores getting clogged due to epilation
- The clogged pores may lead to ingrown hair as well
- Hair follicles may get swollen up which may cause red bumps
- Skin sometimes gets irritated which results in epilator red bumps
- Inflammation is also one of the major causes of epilator bumps
Image Source: news.com.au
Must read: Epilator vs Waxing
How to get rid of red bumps on face after epilating?
There are a lot of ways to get rid of the bumps. However, some of the best ways are as follows:
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. It is also an excellent moisturizer and hydrates the skin as well. it will make sure that your skin does not become itchy or flaky after hair removal and thus protect you from red bumps.
How to use?
- Take a tablespoon of freshly scooped aloe vera gel and apply it on the affected areas. Since it is a natural ingredient, it will not have any side effect.
- Let it stay for as long as possible.
Must Read: Rivona Aloe Vera Gel Review
2. Tea Tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil helps in unclogging of clogged pores and helps in the removal of bacteria which may cause bumps and irritation. It also makes your skin smooth and enhances the healing process of the skin after epilation.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil in a carrier oil such as coconut oil or any other oil.
- Mix it well and apply it on the affected areas.
- Do not apply the solution on open wounds or cuts
- Make sure you take a patch test before applying
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV helps in getting rid of any infection which might potentially be caused and also helps in making your skin better. it also cures other skin conditions if any on your skin.
Image Source: Healthline
How to use?
- Add equal parts of ACV and water in a bowl and apply it with a cotton pad on the affected areas
- Let it stay for as long as you can
These are some of the best ways in which you can get rid of red bumps after epilation.
Check out: Best Epilators for Coarse Hair